Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Coming This Lent: 40 Things I Love About Catholicism

I've been puzzling for a while now over how I can incorporate blogging into my Lenten journey this year.  I love the tradition of making sacrifices during the season of Lent, but I also love doing extra positive things to live my faith during this special time.

A few days ago, I had an idea: I can share what I love about my faith throughout the Lenten season.  There are so many reasons that I love Catholicism, and it will bring me great joy to share some of them with you.  I hope that these posts will be enjoyable for all of my readers, regardless of your faith tradition.

As I publish these posts, I will use this one as an index post linking to all the topics.  My hope is that I will be able to post every weekday and Saturday throughout Lent (since Sundays are not counted as "days" of Lent -- but who am I kidding? That's probably when I'll be scrambling to catch up!).

As for today -- sausage with lunch and dinner, Jones blue bubblegum soda, and maybe doughnuts later.  Fat Tuesday and I are rollin' in style!

40 Things:
Day 1: Ash Wednesday 
Day 2: The Liturgical Calendar 
Day 3: The Seven Virtues 
Day 4: Churches Always Open 
Day 5: The Sign of the Cross
Day 6: Mercy and Prison Ministries 
Day 7: The Mass
Day 8: The Liturgy of the Hours 
Day 9: The Seven Sacraments 
Day 10: Lord of the Rings 
Day 11: The Sistine Chapel 
Day 12: View of Children 
Day 13: The Catechism 
Day 14: Gregorian Chant 
Day 15: The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit 
Day 16: Religious Sisters and Nuns 
Day 17: Musical Notation 
Day 18: The Book of Sirach 
Day 19: The Nicene Creed 
Day 20: Days of Obligation 
Day 21: The Seven Corporal Works of Mercy 
Day 22: Lenten Sacrifices 
Day 23: Saints 
Day 24: Redemptive Suffering 
Day 25: Sacramentals 
Day 26: Purgatory 
Day 27: The Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy 
Day 28: Angels 
Day 29: Mary 
Day 30: Dying to Self 
Day 31: Sacrament of Penance 
Day 32: The Theology of the Body 
Day 33: The Way of the Cross 
Day 34: Palm Sunday and Holy Week 
Day 35: The Divine Name 
Day 36: The Church as the Body and Bride of Christ 
Day 37: Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary 
Day 38: The Eucharist 
Day 39: The Crucifix 
Day 40: The Easter Season

3 comments: