Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday: National Marriage Week Edition

Thank you for hosting this week, Hallie!

It's National Marriage Week!  So I'm hoping these quickly-written takes will all be at least tangentially related to my marriage.

1. We're going to Washington D.C. for reals!  We were planning to last summer to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday (3 days apart), but it was the hottest stinkin' week of the year (as it usually is), and we decided it would be better to wait.  So we've waited and waited, and here, Colin is giving an invited talk at an American Mathematical Society sectional meeting in DC on HIS birthday!  Chicka chicka what now!  So we're going next month. 

2. Friday night is my favorite night of the week.  Partyin', partyin', yeah!  No, but seriously, I love knowing that the weekend is ahead and snuggling with Colin while we watch 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and The Office (or some partial combination thereof -- can't be up too late when our little Elise alarm goes off at 6 AM every day).  Thanks, Hulu!

3. We have nothing planned for Valentine's Day, which is our usual schtick.  Based on the week's dinner schedule I wrote up earlier today, it looks like we'll be having some chicken and rice soup that evening.  And then he'll have to go back to work to tutor.  We're really bad at "occasions."  But hey, we went out to celebrate our 4.5-year wedding anniversary last month (baby in tow, of course), and that went well, so yippee!

4. Does anyone else get "phantom" baby-kick sensations in her abdomen?  (Don't worry, I'm not one of those women who doesn't realize she's pregnant, this has been going on practically since Elise was born.)  Just happened to me again.  (How is this related to your marriage, Louise?  Never happened until after I had OUR baby, skeptical one!)

5. Speaking of our baby, is the father-daughter bond not the most adorable thing on the planet?  Those two are just completely smitten.


6. Colin and I love food, and we love grocery shopping together.  Our Trader Joe's has WALLS now!  It is actually going up!  I can't wait to go on a grocery date there with my man.

7. A few weeks back, I mentioned to Colin before nursing Elise to sleep that I had a bunch of things I wanted to remember to do before going to bed myself.  When I came out of Elise's bedroom, I discovered this note he left for me on the fridge:
It only makes sense if you're familiar with this:
Def married the only man for me!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think they're all quite funny! Too bad there was no new Parks this week!

      Delete
  2. Yay! DC! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! :)

    As for 'partyin' yeah!' every Friday Gary gets up for work, looks over at me and says "It's Friday!" and I respond, to much groaning from him, "It's Friday! Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!" This morning was no exception.

    Chicken and Rice soup sounds fantastic! I've been meaning to find myself a recipe for it for some time now. For vday at our house there will be pizza with heart shaped pepperonis. :P

    And OHH you are way closer to having a Trader Joe's than we ever will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and hehe - just noticed that Elise's shirt looks like a Twister board!

      Delete
    2. Also forgot to say that, yes, I get the phantom baby kicks ALL THE TIME.

      Delete
    3. LMAO on your Friday routine!
      Heart-shaped pepperonis sound so cute. Aww. :)
      If we're still living here when it opens, you are more than welcome to visit and we can check it out!
      HAHA it does! That actually never occurred to me but it always vaguely reminded me of something.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one with the phantom kicks!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, I about doubled over in laughter! I'm glad I had the presence of mind to photograph it.

      Delete
  4. Seriously every time I read these I wish I could just like drive and meet your family. Because you are that cute.
    Also, your husband rocks. And that picture is adorable. Ahhh I love love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it would be our delight to meet you!! It is my ardent hope that we will someday move back to northeastern Ohio. And then we will be much closer!

      Delete
  5. DC is one of my most favorite cities!! I haven't been there since senior year of high school, I'm so jealous you'll get to go!!

    Hulu rocks, and so does Netflix :)

    Hahaha, that note is great, inside jokes are always a fun thing!!

    Elise looks so adorable! Father-daughter bonds are the greatest for sure :)

    And I am just not a fan of Vday, so staying in and having a normal dinner sounds like it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our stay-in dinner was great! I hope that you had a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete