It's National Marriage Week! So I'm hoping these quickly-written takes will all be at least tangentially related to my marriage.
1. We're going to Washington D.C. for reals! We were planning to last summer to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday (3 days apart), but it was the hottest stinkin' week of the year (as it usually is), and we decided it would be better to wait. So we've waited and waited, and here, Colin is giving an invited talk at an American Mathematical Society sectional meeting in DC on HIS birthday! Chicka chicka what now! So we're going next month.
2. Friday night is my favorite night of the week. Partyin', partyin', yeah! No, but seriously, I love knowing that the weekend is ahead and snuggling with Colin while we watch 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and The Office (or some partial combination thereof -- can't be up too late when our little Elise alarm goes off at 6 AM every day). Thanks, Hulu!
3. We have nothing planned for Valentine's Day, which is our usual schtick. Based on the week's dinner schedule I wrote up earlier today, it looks like we'll be having some chicken and rice soup that evening. And then he'll have to go back to work to tutor. We're really bad at "occasions." But hey, we went out to celebrate our 4.5-year wedding anniversary last month (baby in tow, of course), and that went well, so yippee!
4. Does anyone else get "phantom" baby-kick sensations in her abdomen? (Don't worry, I'm not one of those women who doesn't realize she's pregnant, this has been going on practically since Elise was born.) Just happened to me again. (How is this related to your marriage, Louise? Never happened until after I had OUR baby, skeptical one!)
5. Speaking of our baby, is the father-daughter bond not the most adorable thing on the planet? Those two are just completely smitten.
6. Colin and I love food, and we love grocery shopping together. Our Trader Joe's has WALLS now! It is actually going up! I can't wait to go on a grocery date there with my man.
7. A few weeks back, I mentioned to Colin before nursing Elise to sleep that I had a bunch of things I wanted to remember to do before going to bed myself. When I came out of Elise's bedroom, I discovered this note he left for me on the fridge:
Def married the only man for me!