Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Elevensies

Yippy-skippy!  I'd like to thank the always-lovely Holly from Perfectly Imperfect for tagging me in the 11 post meme!  I'm so happy that she did, because I've been going through a heck of a dry spell lately, so the inspiration is most welcome!


Rules:
1. You must post these rules.  [CHECK.]
2. Each person must post 11 things about them on their blog. [CHECK.]
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. [CHECK. BOOYAH!  Except...instead of tagging, I'll let you readers decide if you want to join in or not.]


11 Things About Me:

1. I just finished watching Battlestar Galactica with Colin a few days ago, and I've been dying to blog about my reactions to the finale and the series as a whole -- but would this be interesting to my readers?  It would be rife with spoilers by necessity.  Weigh in if you're interested!

2. I've probably mentioned this here before, but Elise and I are watching Sesame Street right now and I'm once again reminded: Oscar is totally my favorite.

3. I love grandfather clocks.

4. My feet are very narrow, and it is nearly impossible for me to purchase dress shoes.  I currently have NO decent ones because I can't find any that fit.

5. My favorite color has been purple since I was 4.  However, that's not my favorite crayon color.  Odd?  Perhaps.

6. I'm currently reading Return of the King, and I'm happy that I'll soon be able to say that I have finally read the whole LOTR trilogy.

7. I loved being seven.  Second grade was the best!

8. I've always been a big fan of the infinity symbol, which is essentially an 8 on its side.

9. I have been wanting Steak 'n Shake for years, probably ever since I moved to central PA, and it hasn't happened because we don't have one around here.  Some! Day!

10. My Confirmation saint is St. Cecilia.  I chose her because she is the patroness of musicians, and playing piano was a big part of my life at that age (13).  I don't get much time to play anymore (Elise always wants to join in), but I still love music and I'm glad I chose her for my patroness!

11. I have been working on this blog post for over a week.  *facepalm*




Answers to Holly's 11 Questions:


1. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?  Wait for it, Lindsy...CERULEAN!  Oh, hands down, my most favorite Crayloa hue. It's approximately the color of Cookie Monster.
Elise growls when she sees him, and it's adorable.


2. What's your favorite winter activity?  Just plain playing in the snow.  Rolling around with it, giggling like a nut.
Can't wait to take her out this year!


3. What's a song that reminds you of your childhood?  There are so many, like anything by the Beach Boys or Johnny Mathis (yes, my parents listen to music that's a little old even for their generation).  Or the silly song my friend Maria and I made up when we were 6 or 7 years old, or the songs my brother and I made up.  Christmas music, too!  And all the pieces I learned on piano!  But seeing as how I should stop blabbering and just pick one -- I'll say "Here I Am, Lord," the hymn.  I know a lot of folks aren't big fans of that one (and from a musicality standpoint, I understand), but it was the first church song I ever learned, and I'll never forget it. 

4. Post a picture of what you think your dream house would be.

I've never developed a detailed "dream house" schema, but this one nails a lot of my preferences: 4 bedroom colonial, front porch, garage (be still my heart!), first-floor laundry, walk-in closet in the master bedroom.  And it's located in a place I wouldn't mind living. :) I shan't reveal its location because I've already gotten my hopes up too high, and dishing about possible places where we might move when my husband hasn't even had any interviews yet is certainly jumping the gun!


5. What's your guilty pleasure?  Heheh, I got too many of them.  Most are food.  A current pick:
It sin't easy bein' Weezey.


6. What did you want to be when you grew up, and are you still trying to fulfill that dream? I wanted to be almost anything you can imagine at one point or another: teacher, journalist, biologist, actress, director, photographer, lawyer...the list goes on and on.  But the one thing I always wanted to be was a wife and mother.  That dream continues to be fulfilled every day. :)


7. What's your ideal vacation?  EUROPE!  I've never been to Rome and that's the place I
want to go most in the world, but I'd also love to go back to France (specifically Paris and Nice), and I'd love to go to Ireland.
Yeah.  LOVE to go to Ireland.


8. Would you rather live by the beach or the mountains?  Beach!  Honestly, I don't want to live on either coast.  Too far from my family.  I'm thinking more like Lake Erie beach! :) But mostly I just don't want to live near these pansy-butt Pennsylvania megahills anymore.

9. Why did you start blogging, and what keeps you doing it?
I originally started back in early 2004 because I wanted to write about my thoughts, feelings, experiences, other 18-year-old shtuff, etc.  That blog went pretty strong for a couple years, then slowly petered out.  I relaunched with this new blog for a number of reasons, the most significant among them being I'm lonely as heck!  Other inspirations: I wanted a writing outlet; I've enjoyed reading others' (primarily Catholic faith-based blogs) since the early days of my marriage, and I wanted to join in the fray.  I keep doing it, albeit sporadically, because I enjoy writing and interacting with my dear readers.


10. What's a food that you just can't stand?
  This list is longer than I'd like to admit!  Let's go with mayonnaise.



11. What do you do to get yourself out of a bad mood? Pray. If, God help me, I remember.

Now it's your turn!  If this looks like fun, please join in the fun and leave a comment letting me know.  I'll be happy to link to your blog!  
11 Questions for all y'all*:

1. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
2. How do you most like to style your hair?
3. If you could live anywhere in the US, where would it be?
4. What's your favorite recipe that either you or a family member makes?
5. What was your favorite class that you took in either high school or college?
6. Would you rather go shopping, to a sporting event, or to a museum?
7. Post a photo of your favorite movie character.
8. What is your favorite type of jewelry (e.g. necklace, earrings, bracelet...if you want to talk about specific styles, that's fine too!)?
9. What is one part of your life that you hope will change in the next five years?
10. What do you like best about the city you live in?
11. What is the ideal outdoor temperature? 


*I'm such a poseur.  Totally not southern at all.  But I didn't want to say "you guys," and I've always lived close enough to Pittsburgh that I could have been a "yinzer" but I'm not.  Perhaps I should have gone with the central PA variant "youns"?

11 comments:

  1. I say y'all a lot when I just don't feel like saying "you guys" :)

    I love all your answers!! So funny that you would be Cerulean blue but you love purple! I would be Bubble Gum Pink....that's my favorite :)

    And that house is SO lovely!! My dad is a realtor, he worked in Streetsboro and Aurora for years, and I perhaps *might* recognize the little words in the corner of that house pic...at least I know what they stand for! :-P I won't say anything more!!

    Thanks for playing along, and thank you for the kind words on my blog about my break up. I'm sad about it, but whatever is supposed to happen will happen on God's timing and I just need to trust that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Bubble Gum Pink sounds fun!
      Ohh hehehe, that's so funny that you recognized the little words in the corner of the picture! I wondered what they were myself. ;)
      I'm glad you're trusting in God's timing. His plan is the best for you. I know it can be very hard, though!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I are big Battlestar fans. We watched it when it was on TV. I may be the only one but I would love to hear you thoughts.

    St Cecilia is my confirmation Saint too! I sing so she was an obvious choice. :) At the time when I picked her, I didn't know how awesome she truly was.

    I'd love to participate in the elevesies, but whether I get around to it or not, that is another story. I have so many half written blogs right now! Lol it was nice to learn more about you Louise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you'd like to hear about my Battlestar thoughts! I am going to do it!
      I didn't realize how awesome St. Cecilia was when I picked her, either. She is a great patroness.
      I know what you mean about the half-written blogs! Sigh. Someday. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. Oh my. Where do I start? How do I respond to it all??

    1(a): I think I mentioned it when you brought Battlestar Galactica up in an earlier blog that I'd only watched the first few episodes years ago and had been meaning to finish it ever since. So I made Gary start watching it with me. We finished it a couple months ago, so spoil away!! (And I am totally interested in you posting on it, because I don't think it's the sort of thing I would have known to recommend to you. Tell me more!)

    4(a): My feet are far too wide for dress shoes, so maybe we can morph together somehow.

    6(a): Hobbit? We should so (in an imaginary theoretical world) go see the movie this winter!

    9(a): I would suggest making Steak and Shake a trip for us one of these times you're in, but last time I took Cam there he broke a shake. Glass shattered everywhere.

    1(b): Squeee!! Cookie Monster!!

    4(b): I am totally jealous of that house. Except don't put me in the bedroom above the garage. I'm betting that's the 'cold' one.

    6(b): :D

    And seeing as both my kiddos are still sleeping at 7:35am. I will accept your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another vote for BSG posts! I am sooooo doing it. I had no idea that you finished it! EXCITING!
      It would be nice if we could average ourselves out and fit into shoes. Hmmm.
      I'd love to see The Hobbit with you. :)
      Yeah, I bet that bedroom would be cold, too. Funny you should mention it, because when I was at my parents' a few days ago I wandered into the room above the garage (master BR) and the first words out of my mouth were, "it's cold in here!"
      7:35 AM still sleeping??? AWESOME! Also, I now need to comment on your post!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I'm surprised you and Colin managed to drag it out so long. Gary and I were pounding 4 episodes a night sometimes, prying our eyes open with toothpicks, because we HAD TO PUT ON ANOTHER.
      Cam got up at 8 and Riley got up at, I kid you not, 9:30.

      Delete
  6. my confirmation saint was St. Cecilia too. :) love her!

    i want that house.

    and what do you got against mayonnaise? what did it ever do to you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay St. Cecilia!
      It made my mouth sad! ;)

      Delete