1. Blogger and I may be calling it quits
I don't particularly want to make a new blog on a different platform, but I'm starting to think I probably will. Lindsy, Dacia, and Emily have all noted difficulties leaving comments here, and it's entirely possible that other readers have experienced similar issues. Blogger, you stink. I even took off the "prove you ain't no spam-bot" word verification doohickey, and comments have continued to vanish into thin air. FRUSTRATING.
2. Colin's first tutoring appointment is canceled tonight
This means that we get to spend more time together, I can scoot over to the dairy after dinner for milk and hot pepper cheese without having to tote Elise along (it's always a pain to take her to a place where we just run in for 2 minutes and then go back to the car -- she strongly resists buckling back up), and we'll be able to squeeze in one or possibly two episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Ya-hoooo! It also means a loss of income, but we'll just ignore that part. :)
3. Speaking of hot pepper cheese, it has been in woefully short supply lately
The last three times I've gone to the dairy for it, they have been OUT! Colin checked Friday night, and they told him it would be in Monday. Naturally, I called this morning around nine. Supposedly the shelves should be stocked with it by now. I hope!! My comment on Friday: "I guess the hot pepper cow has been on vacation."
4. My baby is playing nicely right now and allowing me to type on the computer
This is huge!!! Usually she doesn't like me to be on the computer at all, and if she does permit it, I must be in read-only mode: the sound of keys clicking is a dead giveaway that my attention is most definitely not on her. Oh happy day!
5. But anyway, not that I haven't whined about it already, but that's most of the reason why my blogging and commenting have been light
I don't know if I can elaborate on that one. Except to say: it's because of that reason, combined with being so tired once she goes to bed at night that typing "great post!" into a combox is nigh impossible.
6. I asked my wonderful mom friends on FB for advice on where to get winter boots for Elise
And I got many great suggestions. I felt a twinge of sorrow over a few of them, namely Old Navy, Shoe Carnival, and Babies R Us. State College does not have these fine retailers. *Sniff.* Only makes me pine for Ohio even more!
7. I just took a break from writing this post to go to Goodwill
Elise had a blast scurrying around, and I found a dress! Okay fine, I bought her this toy, too.
|Apparently the photo I chose has a really big white-space border goin' on.|
8. Lest this seem too much like a three-day-late quick takes, I'll add that I love peppermint tea
This brand is AMAZING:
|Their Web Site|