1. My daughter is hysterical. She has recently decided that the best way to enjoy a good nursing session is to be nestled on as many pillows as possible. We have a lot of pillows in our living room, because I use them as padding for the weird concrete ledge thing we have in front of our (landlord-boarded-up) fireplace. She stubbornly collects each and every one and hands them off to me so I can arrange them for her. So this was us this evening:
|You can even see my leopard-print Snuggie peeking out at the bottom right! She insists on including it.|
2. In other funny Elise happenings, she adamantly refuses to eat these:
3. I don't have a refined palate. I don't really even like those asiago crackers that much. Sadly, I'm a pretty big fan of:
As in, I eat them with lunch almost every day. Elise has recently noticed this, and has started to plead that I share some with her. I usually give her a cracker or two and then put them away. Of course, they aren't the worst food in the world, but we eat lunch at the same time, and I don't want her filling up on Cheez-Its instead of eating her own food. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to start eating more healthfully to set a better example for her. But I still don't think it was wrong that we shared a couple doughnut holes earlier this week. ;)
4. A few days ago, I shuffled into the kitchen to get some breakfast and noticed the last of some tasty apple cake I had made a couple days earlier. Moments later, the cake was gone. After dinner that evening, Colin mentioned that we could finish the apple cake for dessert. "Oh, I ate that for breakfast," I said sheepishly. "ALL of it?" he responded incredulously.
There wasn't that much left. But yeah. Probably not a good example to set. Tee-hee.
5. Although we'd both concede that the quality of the show has declined over the past several seasons, Colin and I are still fans of The Office and we're looking forward to the new season opener. Um, Weez? You're a day late and a dollar short. Haha, I know. We don't have regular TV; we use Hulu and Netflix. I think the new episode should be available on Hulu tomorrow. The tricky part is, I don't want any spoilers about the identity of the new boss. (It wouldn't be as big a deal as if I learned, say, a Downton Abbey spoiler, or Battlestar Gallactica, of which we just finished watching the first season on Netflix and LOVE, but still.) I shall have to tread carefully on the Interwebs until we watch it so I can try to still be surprised!
6. I am taking an Aqua Zumba class at our local YMCA, and I love it. It's fun, invigorating, relaxing, and I get out of the house for an hour a week! I have been athletically UNinclined my whole life, so finding a workout that I can do in public and not feel humiliated about has been awesome. I'm hoping to try regular Zumba sometime soon, too.
7. I promised laughs, so: