Friday, September 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday: Let's Have a Few Laughs

Thank you as always to Jen for hosting!

1. My daughter is hysterical.  She has recently decided that the best way to enjoy a good nursing session is to be nestled on as many pillows as possible.  We have a lot of pillows in our living room, because I use them as padding for the weird concrete ledge thing we have in front of our (landlord-boarded-up) fireplace.  She stubbornly collects each and every one and hands them off to me so I can arrange them for her.  So this was us this evening:
You can even see my leopard-print Snuggie peeking out at the bottom right! She insists on including it.
I named it her "Nom Nest."

2. In other funny Elise happenings, she adamantly refuses to eat these:
but can't get enough of these:
She has refined palate, so it seems.

3. I don't have a refined palate. I don't really even like those asiago crackers that much.  Sadly, I'm a pretty big fan of:

 

As in, I eat them with lunch almost every day.  Elise has recently noticed this, and has started to plead that I share some with her.  I usually give her a cracker or two and then put them away.  Of course, they aren't the worst food in the world, but we eat lunch at the same time, and I don't want her filling up on Cheez-Its instead of eating her own food.  I have a feeling that I'm going to have to start eating more healthfully to set a better example for her.  But I still don't think it was wrong that we shared a couple doughnut holes earlier this week. ;)

4. A few days ago, I shuffled into the kitchen to get some breakfast and noticed the last of some tasty apple cake I had made a couple days earlier.  Moments later, the cake was gone.  After dinner that evening, Colin mentioned that we could finish the apple cake for dessert.  "Oh, I ate that for breakfast," I said sheepishly.  "ALL of it?" he responded incredulously.

There wasn't that much left.  But yeah.  Probably not a good example to set.  Tee-hee.

5. Although we'd both concede that the quality of the show has declined over the past several seasons, Colin and I are still fans of The Office and we're looking forward to the new season opener.  Um, Weez?  You're a day late and a dollar short.  Haha, I know.  We don't have regular TV; we use Hulu and Netflix.  I think the new episode should be available on Hulu tomorrow.  The tricky part is, I don't want any spoilers about the identity of the new boss.  (It wouldn't be as big a deal as if I learned, say, a Downton Abbey spoiler, or Battlestar Gallactica, of which we just finished watching the first season on Netflix and LOVE, but still.)  I shall have to tread carefully on the Interwebs until we watch it so I can try to still be surprised!

6. I am taking an Aqua Zumba class at our local YMCA, and I love it.  It's fun, invigorating, relaxing, and I get out of the house for an hour a week!  I have been athletically UNinclined my whole life, so finding a workout that I can do in public and not feel humiliated about has been awesome.  I'm hoping to try regular Zumba sometime soon, too.

7. I promised laughs, so:
HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. 4. I made apple cake last week, too!! (Your recipe, of course.) I didn't get any, because I made it at my parents house and had to leave before it finished baking.

    I've also thought that at some point I'm going to have to eat healthy to set an example for the children. It hasn't happened yet. Instead I just sneak my leftover pizza breakfasts in the kitchen while Riley sleeps in and Cam watches TV.

    5. OMG you watch TV. Shows I've heard of and thought about watching! Actually I did watch the first two episodes of Battlestar Galactica...wait for it - I'm thinking...summer 2008? And then Gary and I started hanging out more and I didn't have time to finish. Then, of course, our whole lives snowballed into wedding plans and babies. Shortly after Riley was born I had Gary watch the first episode to catch up to me...and well, for now, that's where it ended.

    Your Friday posts always make me want to post random updates about my life, because of how much I love reading yours! I don't know that I have much going on, though... Maybe I'll try if I get a second today. (Other than this second that I'm using to comment. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait..that isn't your delectably gorgeous Owl print pack'n'play. What is that contraption! (And why is it in your living room? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I have missed your 7QT. Firstly your daughter is adorable. And I love her name. And Jim loves The Office and generally watches it while I'm studying, but maybe I should start watching as well. And Community started which is one of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is just too funny about the pillows, and no goldfish?! What is up with that child!! Ooo pepper jack Cheez It's sound awesome, I love white cheddar but have never had pepper jack...I need to try them now! I didn't watch The Office yet so I've avoided spoilers, too, I need to watch it tonight though. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Zumba, though I've never tried the aqua version. Sounds like fun! I too, am desperately un-athletic. In a family of runners and soccer stars. Lame.

    I love goldfish. :)

    Also, I want apple cake now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh I just want to hug your adorable little girl. I love the pictures you share! She sounds like my kind of girl.....I have a deep love of pillows and cuddling and such also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Nom Nest I love that! :)

    Dominic loves Annie's Cheddar bunnies yum yum. I have found that I've been eating better since he wants ti try whatever I have.

    My husband and I love the Office and just like you we use Netflix. That is one we will have to Huluify also as we missed it Thursday, can't wait to see! We are huge Battlestar fans too.

    ReplyDelete