Friday, August 5, 2011

Hunk of Burning Love Blog + Meme!

The beautiful, sweet, smart, and fantastic mother Ashley of Introverted Mama has presented me with a blog award!!
ON FIRE!!!
Woo!  I'm so excited to be the author of a blog on fire.  Awesome!  Thank you, Ashley!

As part of this dealie, it is incumbent upon me to share seven deep thoughts about myself and then bestow this award upon seven other bloggers.  Coming up with even one "deep thought" was proving a difficult task, UNTIL I remembered that the lovely and talented Emily from Day in the Life tagged me for a "7 Links" meme almost 2 weeks ago!  Perfect!

So, without further ado, I will attempt to both share seven deep thoughts about myself (for the award) AND link to seven of my favorite of my own blog posts (for the meme).

1. Most beautiful post: The Essence of Mother
I was happy with how this post turned out, and I did think it was beautiful.  However, I mostly chose it because I think motherhood is beautiful.

Deep Thought: I never felt more beautiful than I did when I was pregnant, even at the end when I looked like a big ol' whale.  Now I don't focus so much on how beautiful I feel, but how beautiful my relationship with Elise is and what an amazing role God has given me.

2. Most popular post: 10 Facts About Me and My Better Half
Not because of anything inherently awesome about it (although I am a huge fan of anything related to our love story, hehe), but because the wonderful Betty Beguiles linked to it and all of her other commenters' "10 Facts" posts on her very popular blog.
 
Deep Thought: Fact #11: I can't imagine the woman I'd be today if it weren't for my husband.  His love and example and encouragement have shaped me so much during the last four years of our marriage (and even before that).  I am so thankful for him!

3. Most controversial post: Slacktivism
Hahaha, not really.  As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't tackled very controversial topics.  But, I suppose this one could be considered slightly controversial, since it explored how I believe breastfeeding mother should approach non-breastfeeding mothers with understanding.  Wait, is that really controversial?  I think to some moms it might be.  Who knows.

Deep Thought: Elise's three favorite foods are peas, cheese, and Weez*. 

4. Most helpful post: A Matter of Great Importance
This is a joke, of course, because I'm not sure if I ever have posted a particularly "helpful" entry.  Eh, maybe I have, but...a review of Dunkin Donut's Blueberry Waffle breakfast sandwich sounds pretty helpful to me. 

Deep Thought: I like all kinds of foods that are bad for me.  Doughnuts, waffles, sausage, cookies, cake, ice cream, pizza, McGriddles, even Taco Bell via the drive thru (which, apparently, makes me "raw as hell" according to Fergie.  Really?  No.)

5. Post whose success surprised you most: Homesick and Heartsick
I was quite overwhelmed by the kind and loving response I received from my readers after posting this!  I can't tell you how much you all helped me get out of my funk.  And it's not that I didn't anticipate any comments -- I admit, part of my motivation for writing it was fishing for a little love -- but I got a LOT of love, and it affected me much more strongly than I could have guessed! 

Deep Thought: I never realized how much I love Ohio until I moved away from it.  We drink pop, not soda, darn it!  I used to love the idea of moving closer to the East Cost, but...eh.  I'm a Midwestern girl at heart, for always!

6. Post you didn't think got the attention it deserved: Love Letters to Central Pennsylvania: Hot Pepper Cheese
That's another joke.  I don't really think any of my posts necessarily "deserves" attention.  I enjoyed writing this one, though, and it didn't get any comments.  But really, what is there to say, unless you share my love of hot pepper cheese -- Meyer Dairy hot pepper cheese, specifically, which most of you cannot access?

Deep Thought: I eat that cheese just about every day.  One of my good friends bought me a quesadilla maker when I got married and it is AWESOME!  I have been lunching on bean and cheese quesadillas every day for months now.  I never tire of them...in large part due to the CHEESE!  (Get with it, Firefox: "quesadilla" should be in your dictionary!  Stop underlining that!)  Oh, and no, Elise doesn't like hot pepper cheese, since she's not into spicy foods yet.  (Um, I am bad, and I tried, and she cried.)  She's a colby jack girl.  Which is admirable.

7: Post you're most proud of: Say a Little Prayer
I had a hard time picking a post for this category, but I decided on this one because I'm glad I was willing to call a spade a spade.  Actually, maybe this one is more controversial than the "Slacktivism" one.  Whoops!

Deep Thought: What is with all this "the universe wants it" baloney I've been hearing lately?  The universe has agency now?  Come on.

-------
Yes, I admit that some of those thoughts weren't exactly "deep."  All the more humorous to see them prefaced with "Deep Thought" in italics!
*I realize drinking, say, cow's milk would not be the same as eating beef.  Just let me have my rhyme-y fun.

Now, I get to present this shiny award

to seven other bloggers!  How fun!  I would like to pass this award along to:

1. Dacia of Praying Twice
2. Emily of Day in the Life
3. Kendra of The Nerdy Wife
4. Lindsy, whose blog is named after her!
5. Maren of Thoughts from Inside a Hazelnut
6. Maria of Intimations of Grace
7. Sarah of Fumbling Toward Grace

You girls are all on fire!  WOO!  But seriously, ladies: better stop, drop, and roll.  And share seven deep thoughts about yourself, if you so desire. :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! This was really cool. I will definitely do this soon! Thanks for tagging me :D
    And I love these so much. You are a wonderful woman! (I wish I could eat cheese. darn those pills that don't let me eat dairy. grrr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tears* wow I don't know what to say! My first blog award. ;) thanks!!

    I enjoyed reading you old posts (some I missed wha?). I loved the Essence of Motherhood and yes, cheese is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Louise! I'm so touched that you passed this one to me. :)

    I love your blog, and so enjoyed seeing the "deep thoughts" from the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! :D I will endeavor to be deep as soon as I find time. I unfortunately have no blogging friends so I will be unable to fulfill that part of my duty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful idea. I just started reading your blog, so it's a great way to catch up on some of the things I've missed. I look forward to reading all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did love reading your 10 Fact post! I'm such a sucker for a good love story. Are you still the woo to his hoo? ;)

    ReplyDelete