1. How sweet is this? My talented friend Ashley from Introverted Mama made this baby print in honor of Elise's first birthday:
|I still need to put it in a frame!|
2. I'm sure glad that the letter J is the second-least frequently used letter in the English alphabet. Why? Because my dear little Elise managed to remove the J key from our keyboard. (Don't worry, we have it, she didn't swallow it!) Now I have to hit the little round button that sits beneath the key in order to make J's. Just jolly.
3. My college roommate called me yesterday to catch up, and when she asked how things have been going, my entire response (I later realized) consisted of updates on Elise's recent accomplishments and Colin's teaching and research. All great, but methinks I need to work on carving out some time for endeavors that are simply my own.
4. Have you tried Spotify? It allows you to stream millions of songs legally and for free. I saw some rumblings about it on Twitter and decided to try it for myself. It's pretty awesome! If it weren't for the fact that you can easily find a YouTube video for pretty much any song you want, I think I'd be much more excited. But I still like it. The invite I requested came to my email inbox within a day, so there isn't a long wait right now!
5. I just said something to my daughter in a Strong Bad voice. I miss watching Strong Bad and the other Homestar Runner 'toons! I'm sad that the site hasn't been updated since last December.
6. It's finally cooler! The 100-degree temperatures we had a few weeks ago made for some miserable days in our central-AC-free house, so the temperate days and cooler nights are most welcome. I hate to admit it, but I'm feeling ready for fall. Once it comes, I'm always a bit blue because I know winter's not too far behind. But right now, sitting outside wearing long sleeves, sipping hot apple cider, while enjoying the grandeur of brightly colored leaves sounds wonderful.
7. I need a new breakfast food. This week was blueberry bagels, and they're awfully good, but I'm ready to move on. I did cereal for a long time, so I'm not feeling that. Oatmeal only appeals to me once every few weeks. Actually, I kinda prefer eating regular lunch or dinner fare in the morning to most traditional breakfast options. Anyone have any great breakfast ideas? (Elise has eaten chicken for breakfast a couple times. She's my daughter, oh yes she is!)
Happy weekend! Enjoy your partyin', partyin', yeah!