Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Sillies

1. My husband was perusing my blog last night, and I was making his task all the more enjoyable by peering over his shoulder as he did it.  I looked over at my archive area and realized that I published 13 posts in March, 11 in April, 13 in May, and 11 in June.  "I should write 13 posts this month!" I remarked.  What can I say; I'm a pattern-lover.  Anyway. after I explained to him why, he pointed out that I'd better get hopping if I want to achieve that goal.  "Yeah," I agreed, "I have five so far, so that makes nine more to go."

"Really?" he said.  "Nine? To get to thirteen?"
I'm using this photo because, to her credit, my daughter graciously resisted doing this.
I deserved it.  Like everybody else, my husband makes simple math errors sometimes too, and I always tease him gently for it, since he's a physicist and all.  So he finally got me back. "Hey, I'm trying to make you feel better!" he continued.  "You really have only eight!"

"Seven now, 'cause I'm blogging about this," I replied.

2. Later last night, I was bemoaning the fact that, thus far, our daughter has demonstrated a strong preference for Happy Baby puffs, which are organic and expensive.  We've tried giving her the non-organic cheaper ones; she just hands them back to us or throws them on the floor.  Sheesh.  "Hey, she likes high quality," my husband said defensively.  "I mean, you didn't see me datin' no broke."

3. Our girl loves to lounge these days.  We have a few pillows lining the fireplace ledge in the living room, which I put there months ago as a safety measure.  So now she likes to lie back on them and chill, sometimes with a book.  Earlier today, her daddy and I were both cooking in the kitchen, so that's where she wanted to be, but there was a problem: nowhere to lounge.  No, wait, no problem -- she just brought a sofa pillow in from the other room, set it down on the kitchen floor, and snuggled up right beneath our feet.  I tried to get a good photo, but when I scurried into the other room to grab the camera, she followed me, and I could never get her to duplicate her adorable lounge pose.  But yeah.  That's our daughter.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

  1. We like the happy baby puffs here, but they are crazy expensive! Have you tried Plum Organics? I think they are slightly cheaper (from target) and I actually like their flavor selection better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have Happy Baby and Plum Organics. However Riley currently has no preference seeing as she's just barely 5 months. ;)
    I wish I knew because I could check back at Big Lots and see if they had any more super cheap to stock up.

    And 7 more posts in two weeks?? That's at least a post every other day! I can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I love little cute things kids do. :)

    I am lagging in my blogs this month too. I need a fire lit under my bum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that is too cute about your girl :) Kids do such cute things sometimes! And I definitely make silly math errors allll the time, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that ALL the time. I hate math!

    These were funny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby face palm picture- what a great post! I love hearing about family life fun.

    ReplyDelete