Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In Gratitude

You girls are the best.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the kind and loving comments.  I feel so much better today!  Your sweet words are an answered prayer.

I hesitated to post yesterday's boo-hoo blog post.  I try to restrain myself from proclaiming the blues when I'm down; I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm always bummed out, and complaining reveals the ugly ungrateful corners of my heart, which I'd usually rather keep hidden.
I don't own the rights to this photo, nor do I own this song. I listen to *N Sync on YouTube sometimes, though.

But I decided to go ahead with it, and I'm glad I did, even if it did demonstrate my weakness.  Partly because it's nice to know I'm not the only gal who's been struck with homesickness, but mostly because reading all of your kind, sweet, beautiful responses lifted me up far, far away from the pity-party pit I'd dug myself.  You made me remember how much better it is to look at my life and delight in its countless blessings instead of dwelling on its disappointments and struggles.

Thank you for that. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for being lifted up! And I love the Justin Timberlake reference. I swear that song has seagulls for background singers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having a better day! :D My pity parties can be epic, so :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable, but you pulled off the blues post with class.

    ReplyDelete