1. Baby girl's got rhythm. She especially likes jamming to the songs on her toy laptop and the theme song from 30 Rock. Her dancing abilities have already eclipsed those of both of her parents.
2. We went to a local arts festival tonight...to eat deep-fried Oreos. That was the only reason. We didn't look at any of the art. We can't afford it. Well, I guess we could if we never went to Baja Fresh again. Nah.
3. I'm happy for all your Harry Potter fans! I have never read any of the books, and I only saw part of the first movie. Maybe some day. :)
4. I need to get my driver's license renewed. I think I'm going to get my photo taken on Saturday, so the big question is: wavy (natural) hair, or straight? It will be my fourth license -- I got my first at 16.5, my second when I turned 21, and my third just a year later when we moved to PA. Amazingly, even though I often straighten my hair, I went wavy in all three of those photos! So do I stick with precedent...or switch it up?? (Straightened hair has the advantage, on me, of looking more reliably nice in photos. Wavy hair has the advantage of requiring little effort. Wow, what a tough call. :P)
5. My husband, daughter, and I are planning a weekend trip to Washington, D.C. for a couple weekends from now. We've only ever been there before on a class trip during the 8th grade (yes, we went to the same school and were in the same grade, and no, we didn't really know each other then). My husband's most vivid memory of the trip was a tie between the terrible pizza we had on the first night and the fact that on his bus they listened to "Sunscreen" as part of a cassette tape about 9 times. [Note: this quick take was written by my husband while I was doing...something?...with the baby.]
6. I love that my daughter was born on the feast of Saints Peter and Paul. St. Peter especially is one of my favorite saints (yes, I know St. Paul is beyond awesome too, I just have a special fondness for our first pope)! Two of my favorite Bible passages concerning him:
Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?" Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:67-69)
When Jesus went into the region of Cesaerea Philippi he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, other Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:13-19)Saint Peter rocks! Pun intended.
7. Graham crackers + peanut butter + strawberry jam = YES. Wait, how many quick takes did I do about food now?
Have a fantastic weekend! Rebecca Black's NEW SINGLE debuts Monday!