Friday, July 29, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday: OOPS MYBAD

See Jen for more, and thanks for hosting!
1. As I mentioned last week (in my most recent post, which was also a quick takes, which probably makes me less than a real blogger), I wanted to write a post on NFP this week in honor of NFP Awareness Week.  Well, I started it at the beginning of the week, but it's still sitting as a several-paragraph stub among my drafts. Sigh. I shall blame my week-long post-birthday hangover (KIDDING, KIDDING).

2. I can probably boil down the point of the post I've been trying to write in just this one take: We practice NFP and I'm very thankful and glad that we do.  And it's a travesty that healthcare providers know so little about it.

3. This has just been a really rough week for all things blog.  I'm not only behind on posting, but behind on commenting too.  If you're wondering why, I've got one word for you: toofers.  (In English, that's "teeth.")  When my baby is teething, which lately is pretty much always, nothing in the world helps except noms.  Wait, you're unfamiliar with noms?  Normal people call it "nursies." 

4. It gets worse: once I publish this post, I'll still have 3 more to go to make my goal of 13 posts in July!  And only 2 more days!  I'm gonna have to write some short ones, I guess.  Or I could abandon my goal....NO!  Patterns are awesome!

5. Speaking of my love of patterns, I also love math. (Seriously, even though I make redonkulous errors. I made another one the other day, when I asserted that the baby slept seven hours straight when she slept from 9 PM-5 AM.)  I had a dream this week that one of my former students asked me to tutor her in calculus. I miss calculus.

6. I tried to get Rebecca Black to follow me on Twitter during one of her following sprees.  It didn't happen.  I was getting excited, too.  Not really even so much at the prospect of her following me, but at the prospect of telling my husband about it. :)

7. If it weren't for the stupid moany noises toward the end, I would seriously consider downloading the song "Muffin Top" from 30 Rock for a ringtone.  This is serious bizz-nass, as I have never downloaded a ringtone before ("A dollar for that! forget it! I shall listen to the crappy one that came on my phone every time it rings instead! Time to get a $3 iced coffee w00t w00t!").  Let's look at some of the lyrics for funsies:
My muffin top is all that
Whole grain, low fat
I know you want a piece of that
But I just wanna dance!

Happy weekend.  Here's hoping that I get some blogging time soon. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. If you go to myxer.com you can upload your own song (if you have the MP3) and choose the part of the song you want as your ringtone (if your phone can save sounds as ringtones that you get in a text message). Wow that thought was very confusing. I'm sorry.
    YAY nfp awareness week!
    And I'm sorry that RB didn't follow you. Someday! Lol.
    You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toofers!! We're having a toofer week, as well.

    ReplyDelete