Friday, April 1, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

As always, many thanks to Jen for hosting!

1. A couple months ago I ordered a couple items on mega-clearance with free shipping from Pottery Barn Teen.  'Cause, you know, I'm so young and hip -- you know how in college, undergrads who have been there more than 4 years are sometimes called super-seniors?  Yeah, I'm a super-teen (as in suuuuuuper, at this point).  Anyway, this modest purchase has apparently earned me the opportunity to receive both the Pottery Barn Teen and the regular Pottery Barn catalogs in the mail now.  I was perusing the latter as I ate lunch today and I noticed a page with what I thought was the title "Cheapskate Collection."  That's me!  No, wait...upon second glance, it was actually Chesapeake Collection.  Ah.  Moving on, then.

2. A while ago I wrote a post about Almond Milk, and at the end I said, "I haven't dared to try Silk's chocolate variety yet, but you can rest assured that my curiosity will get the better of me before long and I'll dutifully report back."  Well, I have tried it, and my review is: BUY IT NOW!!!!  It is beyond amazing. (You can get a coupon here!)
[Source][Yes, I edited it]

3. While I'm on the topic of food, I'd like to give a quick plug for cilantro.  I know, many people hate it -- good grief, just google the poor herb and this is the third result!  Evidently, there are chemical and maybe even genetic explanations for why some folks just can't stand the stuff (to the point of vociferously objecting to it), but I'd like the record to show that I love it. 
[Source]
♥♥♥



4. My daughter's favorite toy at the moment is the stereo.  She loves turning the knobs, pressing the buttons, and watching it light up and play music.  Somehow she managed to program it to start up out of nowhere yesterday -- it was off, and she was napping, and I was sitting on the other side of the room, and it turned on and before I knew what was what, I was listening to the beginning of "Agnus Dei" sung by Pavarotti.  I have no idea how she did it.  These tech-savvy kids...

5. I am pleased to announce that I recently purchased a bathing suit, and it is not a monokini.  Instead, I opted for this little number in the "berry" color.  I think it is the first bathing suit I have ever bought that I actually feel pretty (and not mortified) wearing.  

6. Baby girl also got a swimsuit!  I will post a picture of it soon.  Now all we need is a baby pool!  (Oh, and temperatures about 40 degrees warmer.  Sigh.)

7. Guilty pleasure time!  I almost considered not posting this, but if it's that horrifying, consider it an April Fools' Joke.
I enjoy Mean Girls.
So does my husband.
We quote it/reference our favorite lines at least weekly, often daily.
Here's a clip.  (Warning: some coarse language.)



Happy Friday! (Friday, gotta get down on Friday...)

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog viz conversion diary. :)

    I LOVE that bathing suit; it's so cute and modest too.

    Going to the local Pottery Barn Kids store and drooling is a favorite pastime of mine. Right before or after I go to Anthropologie and dream. I actually found a shirt there once for ten dollars and nearly cried. :)

    Your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's wrong to post something related to Mean Girls, I don't want to be right. "Hop in loser!"

    Thank you for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgoodness I love your new swimsuit...soooo cute!


    and I agree with the comment above me....Mean Girls quotes might be my guilty pleasure also.

    And if I've not said this yet, your baby girl is so sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah and Kendra, thanks for the comments on the swimsuit! I'm excited to wear it. And, of course, thank you for the compliments about my daughter. :)

    Sarah, I've never been to a Pottery Barn Kids store. I've only seen their stuff online. That would be a fun place to drool!

    Not a Minx and Kendra, glad you agree about Mean Girls. These days one of my favorite parts to quote is "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cilantro comment is making me crave fresh homemade salsa. Or even better, that salsa that all Mexican restaurants serve with the warm chips as an appetizer. No, I'm no ashamed to admit I usually finish at least two bowls before my food comes.

    And props to you for inspiring me to update with new posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmmmm salsa...I do the same thing, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either. :D

    ReplyDelete