Friday, March 11, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

Woohoo, it's my first time doing this!  Thank you so much to Jen for hosting.

1. People who know me fairly well might have detected a hint of homesickness about me.  It's true: I miss Ohio like crazy.  Unfortunately, this has led me to often shortchange the area where I'm currently living.  So I've decided to start a new series on this blog, "Love Letters to Central Pennsylvania."  Look for the first post soon!

2. I never realized how great my hair looked while I was pregnant until...well, I wasn't pregnant anymore.  Three months after my daughter was born, it started coming out in clumps (normal, but still gross), and now I can't do a thing with it.  I'm considering letting my husband cut it for me, since I figure it can't look any worse.  Insane?

3. Diaper changes are getting to be VERY difficult around here.  Now all my daughter wants to do is roll, sit, and pull up on her changing table while I'm trying to put a new diaper on her (or worse, trying to clean off her bum).  She acts as though being forced to lie down for a couple minutes while I do the job is the most severe form of torture imaginable.  It's mostly hilarious, but sometimes not.

4. Well!  Looks like I'm about to experience another diaper change RIGHT NOW!

5. ....Yeah.....hilarious.  After one of my prenatal appointments last year, I called my mom to let her know how the checkup went, and I told her that the doctor had had a difficult time getting a reading on the baby's heartbeat because she was moving around so much.  "I think she's going to give you a run for your money!" my mom chuckled.  She was right!

6. My husband and I are giving up ice cream for Lent.  Buuuuuuuuuut, ice cream is not the same as Italian Ice, and I am very excited that our local Rita's Water Ice is reopening for the season today.  Like, toe-wiggling excited.  As soon as the baby wakes up for her nap, we are on our way.  Now, usually she only takes 45-50 minute naps; however, sensing my eagerness to go to Rita's, she's already been snoozing for an hour and ten minutes.  Oh, baby.

7. Embarrassing guilty pleasure time!  I love listening to internet radio on Pandora (if you haven't tried it yet, you should).  This morning I was listening to my Backstreet Boys station (hot, I know), and this song came on.  I haven't heard it in a really long time and it was quite pleasurable.



Have a great weekend, peeps!

5 comments:

  1. I use the Pandora lullaby station at nighttime, I love it! Also, my husband has cut my hair on a few occasions and it always turns out cute! My philosophy is I can always go get it fixed. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the lullaby station -- I'll have to check it out! And thanks for the vote of confidence on the husband haircut -- I figure the same thing. How bad could it be?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a wonderful auntie named Louise...her nickname...weezie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Nice to hear of another Weezie! And a wonderful one to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pandora Lullaby is great! Of course, Maggie also likes the 80's pop hits (I'ma raise her right!) :)

    My hair is also falling out in clumps right now and it makes me so sad. I hope it stops soon.

    ReplyDelete